Additional Terms of Service for Optimum Online Residential
Subscriber's use of the Optimum Online Service(s) shall be deemed acknowledgment that Subscriber has read and agreed to the Terms of Service, including these Additional OOL Terms. Any user who does not agree to be bound by the Terms of Service, including these Additional OOL Terms, should immediately stop their use of the Optimum Online Service and notify the Altice Customer Service Department to terminate the account. This is a legal document.
1. Services: The "Optimum Online Service" (or "Service") is an electronic two way online information and communication service delivered over Altice's cable system and accessed via a modem/gateway to a computer or other electronic device (e.g., tablet, smartphone, router) that includes networking equipment and is capable of storing, receiving and processing data (each, a "Computer"). The Optimum Online Service provides Internet access, as well as access to certain ancillary features of the Optimum Online Service and other proprietary products of Altice, including but not limited to, Optimum WiFi, Optimum Online Video Services, Optimum Voice, Optimum IP Trunking, and Optimum On Demand Services unless otherwise noted. Certain tiers of Optimum Online Service may provide advanced features, such as video downloads and Dynamic DNS (a service that maps Internet domain name to changing IP addresses) and/or other features that may be provided or made available for purchase by authorized Third Party Providers.
Optimum WiFi, Optimum WiFi Passpoint and Altice WiFi (collectively, the "Community WiFi Networks") are WiFi internet access networks made available to Subscribers of Optimum Online. Altice also has roaming third party partners (each, a "WiFi Network Partner") who may provide access to their WiFi networks to Optimum Online Subscribers. Subscriber agrees that Subscriber's use of a WiFi Network Partners' network will be subject to that WiFi Network Partner's terms and conditions of use (including their acceptable use policy), which are incorporated herein by this reference, as well as the Terms of Service, including these Additional OOL Terms. WiFi Network Partners are Third Party Providers as defined in the Terms of Service.
2. Device and System Requirements: Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that Subscriber has internet-capable Computers with the minimum system requirements necessary to operate the applicable level of Optimum Online Service, as outlined in the consumer informational literature provided by Altice. Click here for a description of minimum system requirements and recommended system configurations/settings.
3. Relocating Equipment: Altice's system is highly sophisticated and sensitive. Any "break" in the integrity of the cable system will subject the system to "ingress" of radio signals, which will disrupt your service and may affect that of others. Cable modems and gateways are not "portable" and are not permitted to operate at any location other than the address that appears on the Subscriber's account. Subscriber agrees that Subscriber will not relocate, move or in any way tamper with or relocate the Optimum Online Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, upon receipt of a request by Subscriber, Altice shall relocate the Optimum Online Service for Subscriber within Subscriber's home at a time mutually agreed to by Altice and Subscriber. If the Subscriber moves residences outside of Altice's service area, Subscriber shall notify Altice pursuant to Section 4 below that this Agreement shall be terminated. Subscriber may incur a charge for such relocation and should consult a current Optimum Online schedule of rates and charges prior to requesting such relocation.
4. Contact Address: For any inquiries or notices required in connection with this Agreement, Subscriber shall contact Altice by writing to:
1111 Stewart Avenue
Bethpage, New York 11714
or by calling Optimum Online at: (516)390-9018
5. Altice's Rights and Network Monitoring:
A. Altice has no obligation to monitor Optimum Online Service content. However, Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that Altice has the right to monitor all content transmitted through the Service and from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate Optimum Online Service properly, including, but not limited to, monitoring of a Subscriber's access to certain content provided by Altice and/or Third Party Providers, or to protect itself, its Subscribers, Third Party Providers or the public.
B. In addition to content, Altice automatically measures and monitors the performance of the Optimum Online Services as well as the performance of Subscriber's connection and access to the Optimum Online Services. Subscriber consents to Altice's access, collection and maintenance of information about Subscriber's use of the Services, Subscriber's Equipment and Altice's Equipment and Software including but not limited to type, profile and settings. Subscriber further consents to Altice's monitoring, adjustment and recording of such information for the purpose of providing the Optimum Online Services. Subscriber further agrees that by using the Optimum Online Services, Altice, or our authorized agents and equipment manufacturers, are authorized to send code updates to the Subscriber Equipment, including, but not limited to, modems, routers and digital interactive televisions with CableCARDs, at any time Altice determines it is necessary to do so. Such code updates may change, add or remove features or functionality of the Subscriber Equipment or the Optimum Online Services.
C. Third Party Providers may monitor Subscriber activity. When using a product, service, software or application provided by a Third Party Provider, Subscriber is responsible for reviewing any terms of service or similar agreement as posted on the Third Party Provider website which, to the extent not inconsistent with the provisions of this Agreement, shall bind the Subscriber. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any Third Party Provider terms of service, acceptable use policy or any other agreements or restrictions, the provisions of this Agreement shall govern.
6. Change to Optimum Online Service: Altice may, at any time and in its sole discretion, without notice, change, add to or remove portions of the Optimum Online Service (including, without limitation, content, functionality, hours of availability, Equipment requirements, Equipment, speed, upstream and downstream limitations, Services features, storage capacity, and protocol filtering), and/or institute or otherwise change rates, fees and charges for Optimum Online Service, subject to applicable law. Altice may notify Subscriber of any such changes as described in Section 31 of the Terms of Service, including by posting notice of such changes on Optimum's website (www.Optimum.net), by sending notice via email or postal mail to Subscriber's billing address, by contacting the telephone number(s) on Subscriber's account (including mobile phones) by means such as but not limited to voice, SMS, MMS, and text messages, including by the use of by automatic telephone dialing systems, and/or by browser bulletins or walled garden (browser interruption). Subscriber agrees that any one of the foregoing will constitute sufficient and effective notice. If any material change negatively affects your Optimum Online Service, you have the right to cancel your Optimum Online Service. Your continued receipt of the Optimum Online Service for more than thirty (30) days after the change, however, will constitute your acceptance of the change.
7. Optimum Online Network: The Optimum Online Service utilizes a network that will allow bi-directional direct access to the internet, i.e. Subscribers can directly access and respond to direct requests from internet users outside the Optimum Online Service network. The Network is not intended to protect Subscribers from hackers, computer viruses or malicious codes gaining access to their Computer and Subscribers should not rely on it to provide such functions. Altice and Third Party Providers shall have no liability for any claims, losses, actions, damages, suits or proceedings resulting from, arising out of or otherwise relating to damage to the Subscriber or the Subscriber's Computer resulting from the actions of any other third party including, without limitation, downloaded software, hackers or computer viruses regardless of delivery method for example, but not limited to delivery by email, instant messenger, chat, newsgroups, disc, CD, or DVD.
8. Additional Limitation of Liability:
B. Subscriber understands and agrees that these terms and conditions, including but not limited to the Acceptable Use Policy, govern any dispute between Subscriber and a WiFi Network Partner. Subscriber further understands and agrees that any such dispute with a WiFi Network Partner shall be subject to and governed by Section 24 of the Terms of Service (Arbitration).
9. Multiple Users: Subscriber acknowledges that by using the Optimum Online Service, Subscriber is agreeing to the terms of this Agreement on behalf of all Users of the Optimum Online Service or other Services through Subscriber's Computers or other devices. Subscriber shall ensure that all Users understand and comply with the terms of this Agreement. Subscriber agrees that the Subscriber is responsible and liable for any breaches of the terms of this Agreement, whether such breach results from use of the Optimum Online Service or other Services.
10. Acceptable Use Policy: Subscriber shall comply with all of Altice's standards for acceptable use with respect to the Optimum Online Service and other Services and shall refrain from any illegal and/or inappropriate activities, including without limitation as outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy. The Acceptable Use Policy will be updated from time to time and the latest version will supersede all prior versions. Please click here for the most updated Acceptable Use Policy.
11. Additional Restrictions: In addition to the prohibitions outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy, the following restrictions apply:
A. Altice Advantage Internet and Speed Tiers Optimum 25 and Below:
i. Users may not run any type of server on the system. This includes but is not limited to FTP, IRC, SMTP, POP, HTTP, SOCKS, SQUID, DNS or any multi-user forums;
ii. Users may not register or point a domain, sub-domain, or hostname to any Optimum Online IP address. Users may not have traffic redirected to the Optimum Online Service;
iii. Users may not resell, share, or otherwise distribute the Service or any portion thereof to any third party without the written consent of Altice. For example, Subscriber may not provide Internet access to others through Optimum WiFi, a dial up connection, wireless access or host shell accounts over the Internet, provide email or news service, or send a news feed.
iv. Users may not copy, distribute or sublicense any software provided by Altice, except that Subscriber may make one copy of each software program for back up or archival purposes only;
B. Speed Tiers Optimum 60 and Above:
i. Users may not run any servers except for a webserver (HTTP) and mail (SMTP) on the system. This includes but is not limited to FTP, IRC, POP, SOCKS, SQUID, DNS or any multi-user forums.
ii. Users who opt to run a webserver must do so on port 80 only. Webservers running on any other port will be deemed a violation of these terms.
iii. Similarly, users who opt to run a mailserver (SMTP) must do so on port 25 only. Mailservers running on any other port will be deemed a violation of these terms.
iv. Users opting to run web or mail servers are expected to secure those services and maintain the security of those services on an ongoing basis. Mailservers are to be configured against open relay and third party exploitation.
v. Users may not resell, share, or otherwise distribute the Service or any portion thereof to any third party without the written consent of Altice. For example, Subscriber may not provide Internet access to others through Optimum WiFi, a dial up connection, wireless access or host shell accounts over the Internet, provide email or news service, or send a news feed.
vi. Users may not copy, distribute or sublicense any software provided by Altice, except that Subscriber may make one copy of each software program for back up or archival purposes only.
12. End User Licenses: Subscriber agrees to comply with the terms of all end user license agreements relative to the Optimum Online Service, the other Services and any service provided by a Third Party Provider which Subscriber accesses under this Agreement. All such agreements are incorporated in this Agreement by reference. Title and intellectual property rights to the Services are owned by Altice or any Third Party Provider of service or products, or otherwise by the owners of such material and are protected by copyright laws and treaties. The reverse engineering of software, copying, distribution, reselling or publication of any part of the Optimum Online Service, the Services or any service provide by a Third Party Provider without the written consent of Altice, an applicable third party provider of service or products, and/or other owner of such material is prohibited.
13. Backup Requirements: Subscriber agrees to back up all existing computer files by compiling them to another storage medium prior to installation of the Equipment. Altice shall have no liability for any damage to or loss or destruction of any of Subscriber's software, files, data, or peripherals.
14. Viruses: Altice reserves the right to run virus checks or provide Subscribers with access to virus check software. Subscriber agrees that Altice provides such technology "as is" or "as available" and agrees that Altice does not represent, warrant or covenant that the virus check software will detect or correct any viruses.
15. Altice Shall not be Liable for:
A. Eavesdropping: Any information sent by the Subscriber using the Optimum Online Service is sent at the Subscriber's sole risk, and Altice shall have no liability for any claims, losses, actions, damages, suits or proceedings arising out of or otherwise relating to such actions by the Subscriber, including if such actions result in the ability of a third party or individual to eavesdrop on or access such transmitted information.
B. Multiple Computer Connections: When Subscriber's Computer is connected to a cable modem, it constitutes a "local" segment. All Subscriber's Ethernet traffic on this local segment will be reflected by the cable modem in an unencrypted form onto the cable network and be subject to eavesdropping, as described in subsection A above.
C. File and Print Sharing: Subscriber understands that users outside the Subscriber's authorized service location may be able to access Subscriber's Computer. Further, some software includes capabilities that permit other users across a network such as Optimum Online and the Internet to gain access to the Subscriber's Computer and to the software, files and data stored on the Computer. Subscriber acknowledges, understands and accepts full risk that when using the Computer to access files through means such as FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol), Subscriber may open access to Subscriber's computer to other Optimum Online users and Internet users. If Subscriber chooses to make use of such applications for file retrieval, Subscriber should take the appropriate security measures. Any Subscriber who, chooses to participate in the Optimum Online Service using other than a single, stand-alone Computer connected to the local segment, if and when this capability is offered or chooses to enable capabilities such as file sharing, print sharing or other capabilities that allows users to gain access to Subscriber's Computer, acknowledges and agrees that the Subscriber does so at the Subscriber's own risk.
16. Security: Users must adhere to the Optimum Online security policies in the Acceptable Use Policy. Altice reserves the right to protect the integrity of its network and resources by any means it deems appropriate. This includes but is not limited to: monitoring traffic, port blocking, email virus scanning, denying email from certain domains, and putting limits on bandwidth and email. Subscriber is solely responsible for any misuse of the Optimum Online Service or other Services, and for the security of any device you connect to the Optimum Online Service, including any data stored on that device, all as detailed more fully in the Acceptable Use Policy. Subscriber is solely responsible for maintaining the security of Subscriber's computer(s), devices and data, including without limitation, encryption of data and protection of Subscriber's Optimum ID, password and personal and other data. If Subscriber believes his/her login credentials have been lost or stolen, or that someone has gained access to his/her account or login credentials without Subscriber's permission, please contact us at [email protected].
17. Inappropriate Content: There may be content on the internet or otherwise available through the Optimum Online Service which may be offensive to some individuals, or which may not comply with all local laws, regulations and other rules. For example, it is possible to obtain access to content that is pornographic or offensive, particularly for children. Neither Altice nor any Third Party Providers can assume any responsibility for the content on the internet or otherwise available through the Services. Subscriber must assume the risk of accessing content through the Service, and neither Altice nor any Third Party Providers shall have any liability for any claims, losses, actions, damages, suits or proceedings arising out of or otherwise relating to access to such content. Parents may want to use a program capable of restricting access to sexually explicit or other material on the internet. Content questions or complaints should be addressed to the content provider.
Subscriber is solely responsible for any information that Subscriber publishes or otherwise distributes using the Services, on the web or on other Internet services. Subscriber must ensure that the recipient of the content is appropriate. For example, Subscriber must take precautions to prevent minors from receiving inappropriate content. Altice and any Third Party Providers reserve the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it, in its sole discretion, deems to be offensive, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate regardless of whether such material or its dissemination is unlawful.
By using the Optimum Online Service to publish, transmit or distribute content, a Subscriber is warranting that the content complies with this Agreement and authorizes Altice and all Third Party Providers to reproduce, publish, distribute, and display such content worldwide.
Subscriber also agrees not to store, distribute or otherwise disseminate any material or content over the Optimum Online Service that infringes third party intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyrights. Altice reserves the right to take action at its own discretion and as required by the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, any other applicable laws, rules or regulations, or court order including but not limited to termination of a Subscriber's access to the Optimum Online Service. Alleged infringements will be handled under Altice's Copyright Infringement Policy.
18. Electronic Mail:
A. Users must adhere to the Optimum Online email policies set forth in to the Acceptable Use Policy.
The following additional restrictions apply to Subscribers on speed tiers Optimum 60 and above: Users may not send bulk-marketing emails, advertisements, or similar commercial email through the Optimum Online mail system. Subscribers must send email of that nature through a mail server on their local system or through a third party service. All mail sent through the Services must comply with Altice's Acceptable Use Policy. Subscribers shall be responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws pertaining to commercial email, including CAN-SPAM. Bulk emails consistent with CAN-SPAM may still violate this policy if they consume excessive bandwidth or mail server resources. Any violation of this policy can cause termination of the Subscriber's account.
Users should know some networks refuse to accept mail from dynamically assigned IP address blocks. Altice makes no warranty or guarantee that third party networks will accept the User's mail nor is Altice responsible for ensuring continued acceptance of email by third party networks.
B. Altice may, at its discretion, provide, offer for sale or subscription, or otherwise provide to Subscribers software or services for email filtering, anti-virus scanning, and other email security solutions for the convenience of Subscribers. Altice shall not be responsible for nor have any liability regarding the email that Users receive, nor for any lost or filtered email, nor for any failure to prevent virus delivery or infection.
C. Subscriber agrees that Subscriber has been informed that Optimum Online service includes a filter that blocks, rejects, removes or otherwise diverts commercial mass mailings or other unsolicited bulk email ("spam") from User's inbox. In connection with such filtering, Altice may utilize reputation services consistent with industry practices to identify and filter spam. Subscriber may opt out of certain aspects of this filtering service. Subscriber agrees that Altice shall have no liability for any such filtering activity.
D. Altice is not responsible for forwarding email sent to any account suspended or terminated. Such email will be returned to sender, ignored, deleted, or stored temporarily at Altice's sole discretion. Altice reserves the right to reclaim any email addresses from Subscribers whose service has been cancelled or terminated, regardless of the reason for such cancellation or termination.
E. Subscriber understands and agrees to the storage and retention limitations for email as outlined in Section 22.
19. Newsgroups: See Acceptable Use Policy.
20. Watermarking: Subscriber understands and agrees that Altice may use "watermarking" techniques to message you about your account, Optimum services or for other communication purposes while using the Optimum Online Service. These "watermarks" may appear superimposed from time to time over portions of website pages you visit while using the Optimum Online Service, however, you understand and agree that this in no way indicates Altice's approval of or responsibility for the content of such websites, which are solely the responsibility of the website operators and/or content providers. You further agree that you will not seek to hold Altice responsible for any third party website content or operating any third party website accessed via the Optimum Online Service, or for the appearance of an Optimum "watermark" over a portion of any website.
21. Violation of Acceptable Use Policy/this Agreement: Altice does not routinely monitor the activity of accounts for violation of these Additional OOL Terms or the Acceptable Use Policy. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we learn of inappropriate use of our Optimum Online Service.
Neither Altice nor any of its distribution affiliates has any obligation to monitor transmissions made on the Optimum Online Service or the Services. However, Altice and its distribution affiliates have the right to monitor such transmissions from time to time and to disclose the same in accordance with the Terms of Service.
You hereby authorize Altice and its distribution affiliates to cooperate with (i) law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations, and (ii) system administrators at other Internet service providers or other network or computing facilities in order to enforce this Agreement. Such cooperation may include Altice providing the username, IP address, or other identifying information about a Subscriber.
Upon termination of an account, Altice may delete any files, programs, data, and email messages associated with such account. The failure of Altice or its distribution affiliates to enforce this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any right to do so.
22. Bandwidth, Data Storage and Other Limitations:
A. Subscriber agrees to comply with Altice's bandwidth, data storage and other limitations of the Optimum Online Service as established and modified by Altice from time to time. Subscriber agrees that its activity will not improperly restrict, inhibit or degrade any other Subscriber's use of Optimum Online Service, nor represent (in the sole judgment of Altice) an unusually large burden on the network itself. In addition, Subscriber agrees that its activity will not improperly restrict, inhibit, disrupt, degrade or impede Altice's ability to deliver and monitor Optimum Online Service, backbone, network nodes, and/or other network services. Altice reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, employ any technology or implement any process to manage, shape, and/or optimize traffic on its network and to ensure compliance with Altice's Acceptable Use Policy. Information regarding Altice's network management practices may be found in Altice's Open Internet Disclosure Statement.
B. Altice Advantage Internet and Optimum 10 provide up to 3 email accounts, Optimum 20, 25, and 30 provide up to 5 email accounts, and Optimum Online 50 and above provide up to 15 email accounts. All email accounts are limited to 5 gigabytes of storage space each, all subject to the then-current retention schedule based on message folder when such email account is active and the email account storage limitations described in Section 22(E) below.
C. An email account is deemed active if: (1) Subscriber logs in to the Optimum website and navigates to the Optimum Online email inbox, or opens or sends an email message within 90 days of your last email activity; (2) auto-forwarding of your Optimum Online email is active within the prior 90 days; or (3) Subscriber logs in to their Optimum Online email account through an email client within 90 days of your last login. If the foregoing activity is not found, the email account is deemed inactive, and all email content in the account is subject to deletion. Any inactive email account and the email contents therein are permanently deleted and unrecoverable from Altice's servers. Optimum Online reserves the right to modify, delete, or otherwise correct any accounts that exceed either limitation as well as the right to modify any related retention periods.
D. To preserve email you do not want deleted, you can set your email account to ensure that your email is automatically stored on your computer's hard drive when you open it. Please check the Help section or the FAQ on your email client (e.g., Outlook Express, Eudora) to find out how this can be done. Altice shall have no liability for erroneously deleted messages.
E. Email Account Storage Limitations: Subscriber understands and agrees that Optimum Online email accounts will no longer accept new email once the email account has reached its storage limitation of 5 gigabytes. All new email received after an email account has reached its storage limitations will be returned to sender.
23. Third-Party Premium Services: Optimum Online Service may offer additional third party services to subscribers at no extra cost or for an additional fee. In addition to the Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy, Subscriber must adhere to the third party's terms and policies to the extent such terms and policies are not inconsistent with this Agreement or Altice's Acceptable Use Policy. Use of included third party services is limited to Subscribers in good standing. Accounts not in good standing are subject to restricted or suspended access to these third party services. Abusive use, in Altice's sole opinion of third party services may result in corrective action as outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy.
A. Altice does not represent, warrant, or covenant that installation modifications, including installing network cards or similar computer equipment, and modification of computer files such as INI, BAT, SYS, .DLL and other system configuration files will not disrupt the normal operations of the Subscriber's Computer. Altice shall have no liability for any damage resulting from the above or other file modifications
B. Upon Subscriber's request, Altice or its agents will install certain software, an extra cable outlet (if necessary), a cable modem and associated equipment. Altice will also provide a user's manual and instructions on how to use Optimum Online Service. If installed by Altice, Altice shall use reasonable efforts to install the Optimum Online Service to a fully operational status.
C. All installation services performed by Altice shall be subject to Altice's applicable service charges, if any.
27. Additional Terms for On Demand Service(s) on Optimum Online for Residential Subscriber:
A. Services Provided: On Demand Services are available to Optimum Online Residential Subscribers. Certain content may be available to all Subscribers while other content may be limited to those Subscribers who simultaneously purchase the companion Subscription Video on Demand ("SVOD") service on Optimum TV. Availability of particular services, catalogs and titles may vary from time to time at the sole discretion of Altice. Not all Optimum TV SVOD services may have a companion service available as part of the On Demand Services. The availability of content may change without notice from time to time. The On Demand Service may allow Residential Subscribers to download new release films, original programming and archived movies and programming to their computers. Once downloaded, the content may be viewed within the availability window for the rental period (generally 24 hours). Content will expire according to the content availability window provided by the content owner. Subscribers can rewind, fast forward and pause programs and movies.
B. Service Fees: Monthly fees for the availability of On Demand Services may be imposed depending on the catalogs to which access is desired, the level of Optimum TV and/or Optimum Online Service purchased or the purchase of specific Optimum TV service (e.g., companion SVOD service). Subscribers may incur separate additional charges for each title downloaded. Specific charges, if any, will be listed on the Optimum Online Website and may change from time to time. Such charges will be identified at the point of the download of such content. Any monthly or per title charges, including fees, taxes and surcharges, if any, will be added to Subscriber's monthly Altice bill.
28. Additional Terms for Altice-provided Wireless Router/Gateway and Wireless Access Point: Altice-provided wireless routers, gateways, managed access points and Altice One devices (with built-in router/gateway) (each, an "Altice Router/Gateway") are available to certain Subscribers and provide wireless access to the Optimum Online Service within the Subscriber's residence ("Home Network"). Altice Router/Gateways come programmed with certain default settings and configurations for the Home Network. Subscribers may modify certain of the default settings and configurations on the Altice Router/Gateway although Altice recommends maintaining the default configuration and settings. Altice does not guarantee the security of the Altice Router/Gateway and Subscriber's connection to Optimum Online Services via the Home Network. Subscriber understands and agrees that Subscriber is solely responsible for the security of his/her Home Network. Altice Router/Gateways are preconfigured to distribute hotspots for additional Altice wireless networks in addition to the Home Network, including Optimum WiFi, Optimum WiFi Passpoint and Altice WiFi (each, an "Altice Network Hotspot"). Altice Network Hotspots are separate from the Home Network and are accessible by Optimum/Suddenlink internet subscribers, Optimum Mobile subscribers and certain other authorized users. The Home Network is encrypted and has separate security settings from the Altice Network Hotspots. Subscriber understands that simultaneous connections to both the Home Network and an Altice Network Hotspot may not be available and that after a device is connected to the Home Network, the primary connection for the Subscriber and any devices using Subscriber's login credentials, while in the home, will be to the Home Network. Any use of bandwidth from such wireless access point by third parties, will not be considered to be use by the Subscriber for any purpose. The Altice Router/Gateway will collect and maintain certain information regarding access to and use of the Home Network, which information shall include but not be limited to device identifiers, device name, device type, applications and protocols, connections, and traffic flows. Such information will be used by Altice to provide Optimum Online Services and support as well as for Altice's internal business analytics regarding the use of the Optimum Online Services. Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that Altice shall have access to the password associated with the Altice Router/Gateway in order to provide support and diagnostic services. Altice reserves the right to modify the password for the Altice Router/Gateway in order to safeguard Internet security, the security and privacy of Subscriber information, where required by law, and/or for other good cause to provide, upgrade and maintain the Optimum Online Services, and protect the network, other users of the Internet, or our Subscribers. Altice shall notify Subscriber of any such password modifications. Subscriber acknowledges that the Altice Router/Gateway is Altice Equipment.
29. Information Regarding Range Extenders and WiFi Extenders: In certain circumstances, a range extender or WiFi extender may be required to be installed and connected to the Altice Router/Gateway in order to connect wirelessly to Optimum Online services throughout Subscriber's residence. A monthly extender equipment fee may apply. Subscriber understands and agrees that where the Altice Router/Gateway is a wireless router (as opposed to a gateway or Altice One device), and a range extender is required, the Altice-recommended installation method is through a wired connection directly to the Altice Router/Gateway. Subscriber understands and agrees that wireless router range extender installations are not recommended by Altice and such wireless installations may not successfully resolve any or all wireless signal strength and/or wireless signal range-related issues (issue list not exhaustive). Altice continues to recommend a wired installation to best resolve wireless connectivity issues within your service location.
Effective November 02, 2020